To continue to compete on a global scale, we must embrace the changing market to build a stronger, more resilient economy that benefits all Americans.
Economic security is a multi-faceted issue, and it needs to be tackled from several different angles. As your Congressman, Drew will bring solutions to Washington that will not only equip Pennsylvania’s workforce for the future, but also create meaningful careers for his constituents as well.
Drew has more than 22 years of professional experience in the healthcare industry. He knows its ins and outs, and truly believes that the United States can achieve universal healthcare for everyone. To do this we must:
- Pursue pragmatic strategies and tactics that deliver incremental and timely changes that improve people’s lives.
- Improve upon the ACA and fix the many broken pieces of our country’s massive and complex healthcare system.
- Get Democrats, Republicans and all other stakeholders working together in a meaningful way.
- Preserve our current private-public payer model.
We can improve people’s lives tomorrow, but positive results can only come from moderation and incremental changes that benefit hardworking Americans and their families.
Drew believes that many of the current policies and practices will continue to damage our planet and they must end now.
He is a champion for:
- Putting an end fracking, the building of new oil and gas pipelines, and other short-sighted and dangerous fossil fuel industry practices that harm everyone across the planet.
- Making the United States a global leader once again in pursuing the halt of global warming.
- Advancing green practices and technology that save money, help grow our economy, and protect our air, water, and land.
America is currently undergoing its greatest economic shift since the industrial age, and we need to ensure that the workforce is prepared. By improving our educational systems, we can create more pathways and opportunities for American workers moving forward.
Through apprenticeships, skilled technology trades and research jobs we can fulfill the promise of the American Dream for everyone in this country.
Drew supports making a debt-free college a reality for all, but to achieve this we must limit the cost on the American taxpayers and ensure that there are comparable career education programs, including apprenticeships, that create skilled trade jobs.
Drew believes that every American deserves a secure retirement and safety net that offers peace of mind. It is imperative that we find practical ways, that do not include privatization, to protect Social Security for this and future generations.
Drew will fight for the rights and opportunities of women and girls in our nation and around the world including equal pay. When women and girls are healthy, educated, and able to participate economically, their families and communities prosper, poverty decreases, and economies grow.
Our country is facing a growing opioid and addiction epidemic across all 50 states that affect too many families. We can’t wait until tomorrow to fight back, instead we must implement practical, effective solutions that will help rid us of this crisis.
Plain and simple, all addiction ruins lives. This is exactly why Drew supports legislation that will not only provide funding to combat this crisis, but by working with community leaders to build local solutions for our children, family and friends.
Medicare is essential to every Americans’ retirement security. We must continue to improve the quality and delivery of care, reduce costs, and strengthen the Medicare trust fund.
We must do more to improve Medicaid for the most venerable in our society who rely solely upon it for their well-being including more than 30 million children and those suffering from addiction. Drew supports a nationwide effort to strengthen the program by driving uniformity and improving efficiency across all of the states.
As a gun owner, CCW permit holder, and target shooter for 35+ years, Drew understands the immense responsibility, risks, and moral implications of having and using guns.
To reduce the number of people killed or injured by guns, he is a strong proponent of many gun safety measures including mandatory safety training by certified instructors with all gun purchases, strict enforcement of and closing loopholes with existing gun laws, and the use of biometric gun safety technology.
Reform in our government is needed now more than ever as career politicians continue to become more disconnected from their constituents with every passing election cycle.
For Drew, reform in our government is needed now more than ever and can be achieved by:
- Eliminating all forms of gerrymandering and ensuring that all Americans have the ability to exercise their right to vote come election day.
- Supporting terms limits of 8 years (4 two-year terms) is the only way that the people can truly be represented in Washington. Career politicians are beholden to private donors and corporate entities and this pattern of abuse needs to come to an end.
Drew is a strong advocate for fiscal responsibility in Washington D.C. and the prudent use of taxpayer money. Democrats and Republicans alike must work together to balance the federal budget by cutting wasteful programs and making everyone pay their fair share of taxes.
Drew believes, plain and simple, that LGBTQ rights are human rights and that American foreign policy should advance the ability of all persons to live with dignity, security, and respect, regardless of who they are or who they love.
We must continue to stand with LGBT people around the world, including fighting efforts by any nation to infringe on LGBT rights or ignore abuse.
Drew's ancestors left Ireland to make better lives for their families and pursue the American Dream. The American Dream is alive and well for those who pursue it, natural born citizens and immigrants alike.
Immigrants have always been and continue to be critical for our nation's success so it is vital that we work together to reform our broken immigration system. We need to:
- protect legal immigration to encourage the world's brightest, most creative and innovative, and hardest working people to make America their new home;
- ensure that Americans who are willing and able, including those needing additional education and training, to do a job are given preference in the hiring process;
- resolve the issue of illegal immigrants in a fair, ethical, and practical manner so everyone wins; and
- provide a path to citizenship for law-abiding children of illegal immigrants who were brought to this country as minors.
Drew will fight to end institutional and systemic racism in our society. This means closing the racial wealth gap, reforming our criminal justice system, fixing our broken immigration system, protecting voting rights, guaranteeing civil rights for everyone and ending poverty by investing in communities that have been left behind.